The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, October 15, 2021

Pallets and Schoolwide

 Thursday it was raining! I had to wait for it to stop, then waited for lunches to be over and for the pallets to dry out a little bit. Then I started to load them up. 70 boxes. I had a bit of help from my aides, but I didn't let them pick up the boxes, I didn't want them to get hurt. They helped push the special hand truck I have which really helped me a lot! I did some withdrawing of Schoolwide in the morning, then load, load, load all afternoon. Was so glad to get all those boxes out of the back room, which may fit all the Chromecarts out of the Library workroom Chromecarts so that space will be open again.

Friday I took the few boxes I couldn't get on the pallets and stacked them and I was able to get all the Library workroom Chromecarts into the back. While I did that, one Chromecart was a bit heavier than the others, and it was still filled with Chromebooks bC*! (before Covid). I put in a tech service ticket and told them that if they wanted the Chromebooks they'd have to take the Chromecart along with them! I hope they do! But probably not... I pulled all the boxes of Schoolwide out of the back so I could load more Chromecarts in that aisle. So I worked on those most of the day. I only have five more to go on Monday! Both lunches were in. Lots of Chromebook work again. We talked today about how much time we spend on Chromebooks, but we don't hardly do textbooks any more. We did a survey for work on the work for Chromebooks. So we'll see how that goes. I documented every charger out today and why I checked out extra Chromebooks or gave out another charger. Ready for the weekend!

No comments: