The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Cleaning Up

 I spent a lot of time this morning putting away books. So many books had been checked in, but I hadn't put any back the last two days, so today was putting books back. Cleaning cobwebs and bug bodies, bits of things, who knows what on the shelving by the windows. Then I was thinking about Halloween and how students ask a lot for horror, scary, and creepy books, so I started to pull up those books to put on the shelves and started making a list off the computer program of those books so when students ask, I can pull it up. Plus I got to 'vet' the books on the list. Such as horrors of war are different from horrors of cemeteries. I did a lot of copy and paste, but still, a lot of work. Had both lunches in and ended up bringing out the other box of beads because so many students wanted to use them. We had our reading support classes come in today, three sets of them and a class from the DLC that went very nicely. At the end of the day Ms. C's class came in because her room was sweltering as again we have HVAC issues in the building. I do enjoy it when teachers come and 'teach' in the library. I get a real sense of what's going on in classes. Makes my heart happy.

No comments: