The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, October 7, 2021

SLJ - DoD

 Today was the School Library Journal Day of Dialogue.  Some amazing authors and their stories of why and how they wrote what they did. I ordered some of the books that weren't already on my list from this summer and entered into lots of exhibits and picked up some nice 'tote' bag items to look at later. Had both lunches in. Still Chromebook issues floating around. I also got a notice from our PA that we had money to spend on our 'weeding' non-fiction for this year. $400! So I spent the afternoon after the conference looking at books for our 400 section. It's not much of a section! I thought, 'I'll get a new Dictionary/Thesaurus' and the one we had was 2008, and the one I thought to buy was also 2008! That would be silly! There were a few that I was excited about like the Welsh to English dictionary, but it was over 400 pages! Not going to happen! But I think I will buy the Latin/English dictionary. I loved it when I took Latin and realized how many words came from Latin. It really increased my vocabulary and my comprehension of why some words were spelled that way. 

As for yesterday, I did some packing, some reading. Had both lunches in and it was so blasé. I did find a website to pick a word for the year that will be the word you live by, and that was pretty cool. I sent it out to the Language Arts teachers for maybe a writing prompt. That's all I can remember! 

No comments: