The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Time Capsule News

 Oh my goodness! What a shock to learn that when Leslie moved to its new location, they actually opened up the Time Capsule! One of my aides found an article about it. They took some things out, put some other stuff in and then sealed it back up. I am kind of sad about that 😞 so we'll see what our principal decides to do. I found a picture in the 1971 yearbook. And another in the hallway just across from the library, then my aide found the article online. It was fun to sleuth around and see what we could find. I took an old notebook of transparencies and pulled them all apart. Then had an aide do the other one. That took forever. Had both lunches in and had the math team come and get their new books. Somehow I missed a teacher. I have no idea how that happened. I was short about two books for her class and I felt really bad and have no idea how I missed getting her on the list for the new books. She looked very disappointed. She came down 6th period and I grabbed the books out of boxes, got them all on a cart, then my two aides and I took off the wrapping from each book and got it done really quickly, then I had them take the cart to the teacher. I felt bad. Had more Chromebook work today. Worked on reading Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Boy. Really good stuff in there.

No comments: