The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One Year Anniversary

I have now officially been a Library Media Assistant for a year - Huzzah! Last year, I didn't even get to work my first day since we had a snow closure - but no problem with that today! Checked in about 15 classes between Mrs. J and I, and other assorted books came in. Processed a couple of magazines and put some books away. I spent most of the day cleaning up the Trac-It master title book list and found 120 titles that had no books entered for them so I deleted them. Wading through all the titles was a good exercise and I have to take some time to see if all our teacher resources are really there or not. I have my suspicions that some of them are not. I also finished prepping the science books. I talked to Mr. W and we checked out the set to him and he asked if he could have a kid write the book numbers on the spines since they'll be up on a high shelf, so I took care of that, making numbers and putting them on with the clear labels we use. They really look nice. We had a party for all our first semester aides after the last period of the day - one of them brought in pizza since she works at a pizza place and we all shared pizza and sodas. A good time was had by all. Put money in print accounts, checked in and out books, put the print account money away and locked the doors. A great day, a great job. I love it here! Huzzah!

No comments: