The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Cold Inside

Yes, it's cold inside today - the heat system wasn't working so I spent most of the day wearing my coat. I heard students at one point saying it was snowing outside - but I didn't see it. Finished up the staff deletes (46 more) except for the ones that still have books out. I will ask Mrs. H what she wants me to do with them. She was gone today - her son broke his leg in three places and had to have surgery, so she is home with him now. Reorganized some of the professional library. Some of the staff that needs to be deleted had out some of that, so it was easier to put the books in number order then look for the 10 or so still out. They were just a bit too high for me and I had to get a step stool to see the numbers. I did find one in that hadn't been checked in and cleared that off an old staff account. Did some reorganizing on teachers that had a huge amount of texts (class sets) under an old number, so I put them into a current account number and and deleted off the old one. A teacher came in and we looked over and discussed some of the novels for sophomore readers so I did department checks to see who else would be using those and how many to see if she'd be able to check them out. Checked out books, took in books. Did a few repairs, answered emails. Spoke with our bookkeeper about some of the old students that are still on the books, and we decided to just clear off the graduating classes of '04, '05, '06 and '07. There were only a few in each and she had the billing for them, so we just cleared them out of Trac-It.

No comments: