The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Checking Out


The first day of the new semester saw us all checking out a lot of books. I was running from the moment I got in fielding the new requests for bringing classes by to check out books along with setting up the teachers who had previously e-mailed their schedules in. We also checked in quite a few. I put the curling stone in my display thanks to the Evergreen Curling Club up in Portland. They were so nice! It fit perfectly on my shelf and I got approval to put out their brochures from Mr. R. So, I will make the side bulletin board out the workroom window all on curling! My mom gave me a USA Olympic jacket from the 1984 games in L.A. and I put that in one of our display cases along with an old ski boot of mine and some snowboarding books. Processed three magazines for us and two for teachers. Had some help in the back to put books away and set up class sets as well early this morning. The day just flew by and no more crowbarring the letters off the wall! I guess there is a chance that there may be asbestos in the wall, so someone needs to come out and check it out before we do any more. Opps.

No comments: