The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Running Crop Circles Around the Competition

I still had five students that had not turned in their Street Law books, so today I went up to the office and handed in their names to get lunch detention unless they brought them in. Guess what? Three came in today! I now think I have enough for the rest of the kids waiting for them. We had a big stack of teacher tool curriculum magazines come in, so I sorted them and put them into a lot of teacher boxes. Also processed one teacher magazine and three for the library. One of the magazines had a separate ad for a product, a game about aliens and it said "Run crop circles around the competition" which really cracked me up! I did a lot of repairs today. We are short of the Glencoe Health books so I sent out reminder notices today and also pulled the two out of our repair stack to fix. They both had dog chewed corners, so I made the 'particle board' repair set and have them drying for tomorrow. Checked out class sets of Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird, Witness and Foundations of Algebra Year 2 Volume 2 and got ready Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mockingbird for first thing in the morning. Had a student come and ask if I would take a book off her bill, she's pretty sure she never checked it out. She had lost her ID and thinks someone may have checked it out on her lost card. We will leave it until the end of the year and see if it comes in. Caught a couple of kids going out the emergency door at my end of the library, one stopped and went around, but the other one got away. Drats! I yelled "NO!!!" so loud everyone in the library looked at me. I think I may have even scared two students at the computer lab. They kept looking back at me. If I had a blushing smiley, I'd use it here.

No comments: