The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Booklist

Very special treat today, Mrs. H let me browse through her Booklist magazine and circle possible titles for the library since it was their fantasy/sci fi issue! Huzzah! So that was a lot of fun! Got in the AP Chemistry 'wish list' of titles for this fall and worked on the prices for all that - came in at about $20,000 for two classes of that. That's more than I make in a year! What we do for our talented brainy students! Also processed in two magazines, checked in and out books all day and a whole class came in for Old Man and the Sea right after the last school bell, but I was ready for them! Got the approval late today to discard almost all of the rest of the Unused Textbook list so I started to pull them. I am also taking out the nicer ones and sending those titles and ISBN numbers to Follett to see if they want to purchase anything. Talked with our bookkeeper and SASI coordinator about how we will handle the billing for seniors on textbooks and also for the rest of the students. A great busy day! I love my job!

No comments: