The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

In the Back

AP testing started early today, so I went in at my normal time. Finished taping up the 12 boxes that will go to South HS and sent two of the boxes on their way. Worked with one of our aides to shift more books in the back. Also worked on getting ready our Literature: Reading Essays, Poetry..... books ready for repair. They'd come completely unhinged off their boards and I found cheesecloth in a drawer to make new mesh (crush and other assorted terms) for them. So I spent some time getting all the old glue off about five of them and finding a way to hold them up using our small bookends to keep them steady (great idea!). I actually glued the cheesecloth down the spine on one of them tonight to see how it looks in the morning. If it's good, I'll do the other four. Once we were back in, we opened up the library to the kids again and I sat up front once again to monitor the kids coming in. Checked out two class sets of Prentice Hall Literature Platinum books, and got Ms. A's Fahrenheit 451's to her. Mr. S came and asked for some as well, but we didn't have enough for his class, so I asked to borrow and they will be on their way tomorrow! Got Ms. A's other 'challenged' books on a cart for her kids to check out as well. Checked on some workbooks for Mr. C and his spanish classes so hopefully they will come for him to look at. Another morning of testing tomorrow!

No comments: