The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Bye Bye Ireland

Today was the last day I presented my Ireland slides and that was fun. The kids enjoyed it! And so did I! Came in and got computers up, slide show up and ready. Went to LLI for our first day and meeting time then back to the library. I got all, and I do mean all the books shelved! Nothing in the back except my repair piles! I was so excited! Started moving the accelerated everybody books over to the regular everybody books, that will help. Had a bit of extra time in the library since Mrs. M wasn't in and the sub had nothing for me to do, so I went into the library and then met the kids at PE and brought them up to the room for their reading time. Listened to about three kids, then off to my lunch, off to cafeteria duty. Back to the library for my one class today and they enjoyed the show. Then a bit of time in the library and back up to Mrs. M's class for math this afternoon. Then back down in the library after school. A student came and wanted to help, so I gave her a cleaning cloth and she wiped down all my shelves. That was a great help! I had sent an email to Mr. C and said we really needed to have a survey on how much time media assistants actually spent working in the library and he responded back with a survey monkey! Yeah! I helped get him started! That will be valuable information for our new supervisor, not to mention the union. 

No comments: