The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Book Shift

I drove up the front door and picked up the five boxes that our delivery guys didn't want to take because they were surplus books. Then I started checking in the books that came in late yesterday. Then I headed to the shelves and spent most of the day shifting shelves to make room! It's just a long process and took me all day. I did head over to our end of the year get together. Drop the boxes off over there. Picked up a list of books suggested for middle school libraries. Then just headed back. Shifted more shelves. Repaired a couple of books so they have their new laminated covers on! Took all my personal stuff down and took it home. Took care of a couple of our retired teachers. Moved their books off their accounts and then put them just generically lost. Pulled a cart of extra books off the shelves to try and make room. Not quite sure of what I'll do with them. Probably go back in the LIT shelves. One more day!

No comments: