The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, October 7, 2016

Library of Congress

I got to do book talks today and wear my new T-shirt from the Library of Congress! I was so excited to share some pictures off the net, and talk about Thomas Jefferson and his library becoming the basis for the library! Then I got a great segway into how Kate DiCamillo was the U.S. National  Ambassador for Young People's Literature, appointed by the Library of Congress! What a great tie in to talk about all her books! That was very fun today. I got to do that 2nd and 6th period today. Checked in and out lots of books today. Sent out my aides with call slips. Didn't get finished with all the Spanish workbooks but did get enough done that they will be able to pick them up on Monday (135!! Covered, stamped and barcoded!). Then I did a class set of math books for Mr. S. 

No comments: