The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Searching

Today I had two classes come in not for book talks, but to learn how to use the search computers to look up books they might want to check out. I showed them our library media page on the school web page, then we went through the ins and outs of how to look up books and then find them! It was really fun (I looked up keyword zombies for them!) and I think they learned a few things. Just goes to show you how important it is to bring back our librarians!! If there were librarians in our elementary schools, I would not have had to do this! Did a non-fiction book stroll for another class today. Pulled books from the different Dewey numbers and walked through them for the classes. It was fun! Tomorrow I have to do a "How-to" book talk and have pulled some books for that! Worked on some of the Scholastic stuff today, funny how that is almost here already! Wow! They gave me a CD of book talks and I had to play it three times to get it to load and play all the way through it. Checked in and out books all day. Cleaned up some email stuff. I might think of some other stuff I did later! I did notice today during our first passing period, not one student ran, and they were so quiet!! I loved it!!

No comments: