The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, December 3, 2018

Snow Time





Well, on my display it’s Snow Time! And it’s cold enough at night to snow! But we have three weeks left to go and time to change things. I also got the Chrome cart to do Hour of Code this week, so that’s available for the students during lunch this week. I had about four for A lunch and three did it for B lunch. But fun to see the students working on the crafts, playing games, reading on their phones and one was doing Duolingo! Some just reading. A good time was had by all! I did the decoration for December, and made the poster for Hour of Code. Put in an announcement for Hour of Code as well. Finished a book for book talks. Packed more books for surplus. Worked the textbooks that the students didn’t have quite right and for my own OCD that they all have to face the same way. Just my personal quirk on that! Had one of the LMA’s want boy adventure book series that didn’t involve any magic (one of his students is not supposed to read those) so I walked around my fiction and came up with about ten series to hopefully catch his eye. Got two kudos from Mr. R on my getting him his science books, only for him to realize he gave me the wrong one, and I turned it around in enough time for his first period class. That was nice of him! 

No comments: