The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Saturday, December 1, 2018

November 30th

Worked on the new books getting them ready to go out. Had a class in today and had to get tables reset from the class last night and get out some dictionaries for them. Had to kick students out of the bathroom for locking the stall doors from the inside. One of them called back at me  'F*** you B****'!!!"  Had a discussion about language from our LMA group on a book. I made a comment and one of the ladies privately emailed me and was pretty PA about how a book I had (she took time to look that up??) had a European comment and was quite nasty and perhaps I'd better find my white out because she was going to let me know of all the other words I might want to censor from the book. Really??? I wrote her and said Please don't. I'm really fragile at the moment and I don't know what the impact is between reading and hearing (the original discussion was on an audio book from England, not the American version we have on the shelf). and I was fine with whatever the group went with. Did not hear back from her. When a Counselor brought in a student who needed some quiet time I begged him if I could have some too??? Took all the books I had pulled from our back lit room to edit them to reflect that they were in the 'lit' group rather than out on the floor. And put them away. I was so ready for the day to be over! I don't see next week being any better!

No comments: