The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Transparent




I had recently seen Ken Burns’ Civil War series and in there he had talked about the old photographic glass plates and how people had used them for windows in greenhouses. In my book club we had just read The Last Bus to Wisdom by Ivan Doig and one of the characters has a greenhouse, again made with the glass plate negatives! So today as I was pulling apart old notebooks of teacher resources I came across these transparencies and decided to cut them to size and then cling them to our windows. I love it! So incredibly cool! I wish I had more! Got six binders pulled apart. One was big enough for a student, the others I put up in the staff room for anyone that could use them. I also did a bit of research on our overload of teacher science resources to get ready to get rid of some for when we do the science inventory. Then I realized that I won’t be here for that one! I’ll be retired! So I’ll content myself with getting the three inventories straightened away that I will be here for!

No comments: