The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Whispers of Thank You’s

I think it’s part of the ‘Kindness’ week thing we are doing? I had several students come up to me today and say in loud whispers ‘Thank you!’ It was very interesting! I would not think I would get anything like that, probably more reserved for teachers but still it was nice! One said he was thankful I was their librarian (I didn’t try to tell him I wasn’t a real librarian, it wasn’t the moment for that!) and another said thank you for all the books I had for them. That was nice! I had a notice that we are doing a locker clean out on Friday, so I had to have carts ready. Drats. Most of my carts have withdrawn books on them! Yikes! So I put books on shelves where I already had withdrawn books and made signs so I’d remember which shelves had withdrawn books on them! I emptied just over three carts of books so I’d have carts for Friday. We also have a student who says they turned in their iPad in August, but no one can find it. So I did a final check today on the iPads I have back in the AEM cart and none of them had the barcode that is missing. I wish I had found it. One of the schools is looking for science book ‘C’ in Spanish and I had ten copies so I transferred them over and sent them off. Sent off four other book requests. Had to do an inventory on our poster maker paper. Mr. T asked if 4th period tomorrow he could bring down his Peer Helper group, and I said yes, looked good! Then I remembered that we were having an assembly tomorrow! So I asked him if he’d rather do Thursday with a full period and he said yes please! He even called me later to thank me again. I found two ‘lost’ books that were on the shelf today for students. Covered a book that for some reason didn’t get covered when I did all the books last week! How did that one slip by? I cleaned off the top shelf under the windows (dead rolly pollys made that happen) and redisplayed books that were in the wrong area or just needed a book up (I like to have three per set of shelves). I actually went home early. Made it ‘sick’ absence for the last 45 minutes of my day so I could get home and rest up. The office was fine with that. Even at lunch they were so nice and didn’t want to send students down, but I had cut my normal 30 to 20, so they let just 20 come down. They are so good to me!

No comments: