The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Pushing Through

Still light headed, still very achy, but managed to get through the day. I think I did too much yesterday, so paced myself a bit more today. Have all my carts empty and ready for locker clean out on Friday. Laminated some posters for a teacher who has been patiently waiting. Started going through best books of 2018 for middle schoolers lists and checked up on them to see if they are on order or if I think our students would like them. Goodreads had over 500! No, I didn’t finish their list! But I did get some good books added onto my order. Put away all the non-fiction today and cleaned off ten or so non-fiction books that really need to go mainly because I need the room and I don’t need three copies of a book no one checks out. Had our last STEAM day during lunches today and it was cool to see our students finish their water driven engine! I put it into the sink in the back workroom and we poured water on the paddles and it worked! It was so very cool! Good Job A lunch students! I am really proud of what they did. Then we had to take all the K’NEX and get them packed up and counted to go back to LMSS. I also had a substitute teacher come in today and he is one of the good ones. He’s just got that teacher presence that staff and students respect. He had some time and came in to talk about a few issues going on with him, and I had time to listen and I think he really needed that gift of having someone just listen. I think that sometimes the best thing we can do to our staff is to listen and I was happy to give him that gift. Stayed all the way, but it was close!

No comments: