The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Invisible Español

I went to check out an audio book today and found that it was all in Spanish! Oh my! So then I was scratching around, trying to see if I could find an easy way to get to all our Spanish language books and so far, I haven't found it. If I go to Advanced, it pulls up our Spanish language books, but also books that have 'Spanish' word or title in them. I'd like to pull a report or get a pathway to send to teachers for their Spanish readers. Some of our students do yes, like to read a Spanish language book or read to their family. Tried to attend a grade meeting, but I guess we're not having one. They've moved things around as things have changed, maybe next week? I did jump in for the Kahoots meeting for just a bit. I was thinking I could maybe do a Kahoots on a literary bent?? Went to our Staff Meeting at noon. Some amazing praises for the staff that are really out there doing amazing things! I often feel a bit out there, because the library staff really, is kind of not in any other box than library? Read some of The Girl who Drank the Moon today for my next book talk. Yes! Found out what I needed to do! Spanish Language Materials!! That did the trick! Sent that out to our LA team and let our Destiny guru know about it as well since I asked and she wasn't sure either!

No comments: