The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, May 18, 2020

Mt. St. Helens - 40 years later

I am just intrigued that it's been 40 years since Mt. St. Helens blew! We had moved to Seattle in 1978 and had just been there for 2 years! Wow. 40 years ago! So, I'm trolling through all the mails from Friday when I was off. Found some great new books to order already. I love that an author mentioned that "Cody's dilemna...was about the color of his curiosity." I love thinking about that! What is the color of a student's curiosity? What book will blend in, or contrast with their curiosity? Something to think about. Going through Monday notes. Watched the Monday announcements and nothing about the books I'm giving away. Oh, well. Ms. B did the announcements, not Ms. M, so that may be why. She did a talk on how she copes, that we are in week six, only three and a half more weeks to go. Hard to believe we are that close to being done! The SEL lesson was good - Our Brain is in Charge. How emotions can rule us and make our brain respond! But when we recognize that emotions are trying to be in charge, we can stop and wait and check reality against emotional response. I'm super happy I was able to remember my PermaBound passwords! I have them in my office at work on the bulletin board, but not here! Mr. G sent out a new list of books I'm going through to see what I can order, what I have and what I can't (because they are high school and above). Headed over to the System 44 meet and we did a hobbit adventure! The students all got to pick pathways they thought were good! Fun to see them interact! More emails, trashing emails, made some lunch to eat before our optional staff meeting. I usually eat after, but we are also having another meeting right at 12:30 to help out students that are not participating, so I'll go to that. Any past library aides I would love to help out. I picked about eight students that I know well. Took a walk around the block for a break. Back to looking at books so I can clear that email. Taking care of emails some more. Helped out our assistant principal with a student who needed to log in. Scheduled a meet for Destiny Discover with our LMSS PA on Wednesday. Didn't get around to the rest of the books though today! Well, the list will still be there tomorrow!

No comments: