The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, May 4, 2020

May the Fourth Be With Us All!

Yes, I was luckily reminded this morning by a very bad joke that today is Star Wars Day! May the Fourth be with us all during this crazy time! So I put together a Flipgrid for today. Sadly, our Axis360 program has NO Star Wars ebooks! But Salem Public Library has tons! So I did it on there, for your viewing pleasure:

https://flipgrid.com/s/025ae43b0ecb

And sent that out to our LA team. So, moving on. One of our teachers lost their dog last week, so I emailed him with a sorry and a rescue a friend of mine loves to promote. Reached out to the teachers that have a student I was concerned about and they are actually doing well! Glad to hear that! Found an ebook/audio resource for a teacher for a student. We don't have it but Salem Public does for that student. I decided that I just need to get out on my breaks, every two hours, and even just walk around the block. I'll check out and see if I'm climbing the walls by Friday! Hopefully, getting that movement that I so miss from being in the school, going out at passing, shelving, I miss that physical part of the job! So, I took a ten minute walk around the block. Nice day and lovely to be out early! Then I had my System44 meet, and only had three students in there, and my whole computer crashed. So, by the time I got back on, the meet was over and the students were gone. Talked a bit with Ms. N and then she had to go. Got an email from our PA and it had some links. I signed up for a webinar tomorrow morning on Gale and Google Classrooms and then sent that out to our staff for them to sign up. Then started going through the new Destiny changes that will happen over the summer as they go to 17.5 update. Had our Optional Staff meeting - it was our principal's birthday and everyone wished her a happy birthday. I tried a Padlet card, but it actually gave the card, plus the website to order one! Ha! Oh well!  Then we had our IA Check In Meeting and that was good. Back to Destiny updates.

No comments: