The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Virus

I've picked up some virus somewhere and have a scratchy throat. Our computers at work were attacked by the reboot virus, so it is a day of virus's. Mr. B, our site computer tech asks to use my computer today to send out a message to the school. So some of the replies come back to me, so I send them on. I helped to get a student computer up and running by just checking the connection. I find a student who is talking to a hacker, so I print screen and take the information to the life ring. Probably not a big threat, but I feel the techs should know about it. When they're done fixing the virus of course! Lots of check in/check outs today. I work on repairs for the paperback math books. We have two classes looking to use Out of the Dust, so we send out a request to a bunch of schools. Some of our schools are undergoing major repairs this summer and are not lending out any more books this year since they need to pack everything up to store while the repairs are going on, which one school has a bunch, but they can no longer lend :( Processed one teacher magazine and one for us. Cross counted our print account money with Mrs. H and she took it all to the bookkeeper. Checked in a class turning in To Kill a Mockingbird.

No comments: