The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

You Shall Not Pass!!

Today I was in the cafeteria and so many kids tried to walk the wrong way I borrowed a staff from a volunteer I know and stood like Gandalf on the bridge of Khazad Dum! It was funny to me anyways :) Had a girl hug me and tell me that she was so glad I was their librarian. Got to spend some time with a boy who was looking for the Three Wolves and the Big Bad Pig, and I finally found it for him, he was so glad! Worked with four classes today. Had three in the morning and one in the afternoon. Read a shortened version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I modified that a bit. Read Sheila Rae the Brave to the younger ones. Had a good LLI meeting. Worked a bit on consonant clusters. Did a game, and a word search. Had them all read. Showed them a book with a much better picture of Ursa Major in it that I had drawn (not to mention mine was backwards! How embarassing!). Worked some in Mrs. M's class, then to my afternoon library class and back to Mrs. M's for math and we did arrays in grids and it was like the kids had never done anything like that before and we've been doing it for weeks! I felt totally worthless. The kids were out of control and I kind of just, scream inside my brain, hopefully they can't hear. Back in the library after school and I just wanted to work on my grid that shows all the stuff I do all day, because I don't like the one I have. The way they have it doesn't work and doesn't have all the information on it that I want to have handy.

No comments: