The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Assembly

I guess the first Monday of every month is assembly day, so there was no LLI meeting today. I went down to the gym and the kids were a huge gyro wheel walking around the gym. I helped with 'no running, waaalkkk...' and then stayed for the presentations. Kids got awards and we went over our word for the month 'Thankfulness' - I am grateful for what I have. So, I really liked that, so I used it in my reading group today that we should all be thankful for all our really great libraries here in town. That anyone at Bush can come into our library here and check out books or from anywhere else in the district and we have a great library at Salem Public Library and it is amazing anyone can go and check out a book. Helped Mrs. M tally up grading pieces today. Worked the cafeteria, had one group come in today. Worked for an hour and half today up in Mrs. M's room for the afternoon in math. Helped the kids with their multiplication workbooks and then we did story problems and had to use her formula for writing it all out. I love it when I know the answer. Worked from 7:45 to 4:30 today. Added in an extra 15 minutes for the next three days so I will be able to leave early on Friday to catch my bus up to catch the train to Seattle on Friday. I had bought the tickets before I was informed of my move, so this seems to be the best way to make it work. Sent some author pictures for Ms. S to print off for me since I don't have access to the color printer yet. Need to ask about getting into the room upstairs for paper and stuffs for new bulletin boards. I think the one on the right side of the windows will be for our highlighted authors for the month. The one on the left will be for seasonal/monthly highlighting stuffs. This month will be for the kids to draw their own 'books I am thankful for' board.

No comments: