The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Stick with Love

I did the quote today off an image I found of a big heart. It was cool, then put it on paper and mounted it on the middle gate of the library. Then I did a whole book display on the civil rights movement for my non-fiction display and came out rather nice I thought. Had four LA classes in checking into and out non-fiction books, and two math classes in checking out books. We had 84 students in dropping in during the day to work on assignments - probably because next week is the end of the semester! Had our copier rep stop by and give me some training on our new copier. She was very awesome and spent about an hour with me going over some of the more technical aspects of the new copier. Got in the book pics from our librarian so started to go through all of those to see what books I wanted and which to take off since my budget is not big enough for her, let alone the books I want! At one point during 6th period, we had the computer lab filled with a class, the LA class in looking up research for their assignment, multiple students in working on science fair projects, others trying to print, rewrite, or just write their assignment. I was like, wow! It is truly a busy place today! On my way home I even had to stop and get the last of the OBOB books! Work after work! But you got to do what you got to do!

No comments: