The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, May 5, 2016

National Park Centennial Display

I love my new display! It was so much fun to create, and cut out, reposition, do perspective! I had a great time! Did two sets of books with the 'Kercheski Method' today. Actually, my aides did them, but I went back over them and made sure it was right! Found a couple of mistakes, but they did really well. Our copier went down today and I emailed our service gal and she couldn't fix it either, so she called in a work order and the tech was out and had it fixed before the end of the school day! Great service! Had one of our techs come by and he asked if we had surplus so I gave him a ton of stuff. Old VHS players, speakers that didn't work. Our old Channel One receiver which he ended up bringing back! They couldn't take it! Library was kind of quiet and in control today, very nice. The teachers really seem to appreciate when I let them know what their students are doing in here. I had a student last period who wasn't getting it and I suggested to the teacher after school that she might be better off in the pass room where she could get some real help and he really appreciated it. Sent off some 'Stouthearted Seven' books off to another school. Laminated this afternoon. A great day and everyone loves my display, but probably not more than me!

No comments: