The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Keyed

Pretty quiet in the library today. I continued my work on numbering series, cleaning up books that need to go in the back so we have more room on the shelves. Came across a book today that looked like some kid had keyed it. It scratched half the back cover, went through into the boards and the spine was all keyed as well. I've noticed a few books recently that look like someone had poked them with a pencil, but this was outright vandalism. In fact, now that I think about it, I should really report it to our security person. I'll do that tomorrow. Did some major laminating this afternoon, got the set of bookmarks done I made from the topo maps this week. I have a student working off a fine so I'll have her cut them out tomorrow. Some book covers and a poster for the DLC. Got the last of the math books numbered and set today from the student working off her fine. I put them all back on the shelf. Another great day in the library!

No comments: