The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Last Workshop

Finished up the last of the overdue notices today and got them sent out to teachers and a lot of books did come in! Hopefully more will come in tomorrow! Instructed my aides on the importance of making sure books do get checked in, I've found about 6 books these last 2 days that were on the shelf, but not checked in. Ms. B asked for about 6 titles to come in for reading groups so I spent some time today finding out where they all were (only 1 had everything she wanted at Leslie) and sent our requests for them. Some I was lucky that had whole class sets so they were able to get me what she needed from one source! She had looked at some of our old Prentice Hall books, so I started to pull them off the shelf, and most were not even in the catalogue. So I started to put those in and do a bit of repair as well. They are old, but some are all right. So I am taking those and putting together maybe two class sets of them to keep. I already surplused one that was coming out its binding! Then off to our last STEM Workshop. It was fun, though I wish I'd been there yesterday. The things they were working on were really interesting! A car with lights and siren, lit up clothing, lights that came on when water got too high. It was fun and I got to come back with $112 worth of supplies for my students to work with and curriculum to get them started! It is a whole cabinet with drawers for parts. I had to be careful with it, putting it in the front seat with a seatbelt and putting my plastic tablecloth over the drawers so they wouldn't slide out and drop parts all over on the way home! A great time! I can't wait to figure out the stuff I couldn't figure out and do some of the other lessons other groups were doing! Maker Mondays may be coming soon to Leslie!

No comments: