The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

We’re Back!

It was a very nice break and finally rousing to the call of the alarm clock, it was back to work today! And best news of the new year...New Books arrived!! My first order from PermaBound was delivered this morning, so I was super excited!! This order was for replacing books that are literally falling apart or just disappeared. I still had to Tattle Strip them, put in a Due Date slip, get their Lexile and then I put a notice on them that said they were special books - from Perma, they cost more than a paperback or hardcover and I can call and get a replacement if they are damaged. If they aren’t returned, I have to buy a new one. So we’ll see how that works! I’m also going to put a notice on each book for check out that the aides have to read to the student checking out! Again, we’ll see how that goes! Had three classes in today checking out. Getting lots of books in because they are all due! A busy great day to be back in the library! Happy New Year!

No comments: