The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Notices

Today I printed out notices for all our overdue books - 354 people have overdue books! That's half our student body! I was surprised at the amount of students that did not have homerooms on their slips! I thought I had most of them already, but there were quite a few! Cutting them in half (I printed two to a piece of paper) and then the computer sorted all the ones that had home rooms by home rooms! That was a nice surprise! But the stack I needed to look up and put in their home rooms was quite the stash. I spent nearly all day getting those done, in between other assorted little duties like answering emails, checking out A Monster Calls books (they had to be done a different way). Had both lunches in. Got in the CPR schedules and reminded our two teachers that they were more than welcome to come into the library and use it for the training, so hopefully they will embrace that and you know, first responders are totally OK in my part of the building! Always good to have them around! Notices will go out tomorrow. Had some personal business to take care of with my hubby, so I left at 2:30. Was hopefully going to make my workshop, but by the time we got done, it didn't make sense to go all the way up to Keizer for 20, 25 minutes of class with a commute of 45 minutes round trip. So, I didn't go. Last class will be tomorrow, so I will go for that last one. 

No comments: