The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Second Semester

Today we began a new semester and I have 12 new aides! Thank goodness not all of them showed up! I also have two students in, one using the library as a study hall, the other on a PE substitute because he's on crutches from this weekend. Poor thing. So, I spent the day working with the new aides, getting them their expectations, their shelving assignments and we also had six classes of math books to check out and two book talks with checking in and out to do. So I was very busy. I didn't get to my breaks until after school was over for the day. Tomorrow should be easier! Ms. K wanted a talk on sports books - heavens! I never read those, but I could walk around the library and show the students some of the authors that do sports and talk about that! Not too shabby! Tomorrow should be a bit better, as we crank into it. Got some good resources from two of the other LMA's. One on shelving, another on responsibly using the check out computers. So I will print those up probably tomorrow. Tired, so just went home after work. Goodnight!

No comments: