The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Much Easier!

I thought yesterday would tap me out! And I even did go to bed early, but today was much easier! I had to find the 'Order in the Library' game and it wouldn't come up on Google Chrome, but I finally just went to Internet Explorer and it came up on there! Thank goodness! A few of my aides just whipped right through all eleven levels, so that made me hopeful that I may have some of them that can do non-fiction! I managed to get one coding book covered for a student who had asked for it and when he came in at lunch was happy I had finally gotten it done. Got in 14 new country books from Scholastic with my Scholastic money from the last book fair. One wasn't glued properly, so I asked for a new one and they are sending a new one! That was good. Got them all stamped, repackaged and off to LMSS for processing. Put a couple of new books on my Titlewave order that came from an email from LibraryConLive I attended. Checked in science books from Mr. R today while my aide that period 'Ordered' the library. Put away some math books in the back. Oriented the aides that were not there yesterday. Printed up a nice document on the 4 S's - Sorting, Shelving, Shifting and Shelf Reading. We'll see how it goes! Had both lunches in today. Ms. M came in with her class and had them working on their books with the white boards and crafting a graphic representation of their books! It was so cool! One group was in the main library, and the other was in the old computer lab. Loving the use of the space and watching the students getting their literary game on!! Will have the PE students in starting at the end of March to do a health study in the library, and that will be awesome! They are just trying to figure out how to make the space work for 50 students at a time! I'm sure they will come up with something! A very good day and I don't think I need to go to bed early today, thank goodness!

No comments: