The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Scared to Let it Out

Got all our new books ready to be checked out today. All tagged in their book notes, and I'm so excited except for one book. I don't want to let it go out into the world! I'm afraid it will never come back! It's the new Star Wars Coding Projects by John Woodcock and DK publishing. It is so cool! I let Mr. C, our computer science teacher poke around in it for a couple of days and he gave it back today. So that means, yes, I have to send it out into the wide world (insert crying smiley here...). I'm thinking that if I just put it on the computer shelf, no one will notice! Other news! One of our 5th grade boys that comes over for 1st period, spends 2nd period waiting for his ride in the library and Mr. M brought in a Chromebook for us to have available for him to use his time here more effectively. He was very happy when he came in and saw that yes, we had the computer here for him on my office back counter. I also had a student today that wanted to check out an audiobook and we got him all set up, then I noticed he already had one checked out. I was sad to let him know that he could only have one audiobook at a time and as soon as he brought that one in (The Lightning Thief) he could get a new one. The library was a hugely busy place today with four classes in to check in/out books and two of those were book talks, and four other classes in the old computer lab working on group country projects. So much going on, kids excited about their books, kids getting excited about different countries. Lots of books to put away and things to straighten up, but that's what the library is all about! A very good day!

No comments: