The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Help! I Need Somebody...

I didn't really know where to go today for the four hours I had to work. I needed the afternoon off to move my mom to an assisted living place, so HR allowed me to have my high school half day, then the rest of the day to help out my mom. I ended up calling LMSS and they said "Sure, come on down!" What a great treat it was. I got trained by the best in the business on how to run the elementary program, and we'll just have to see how much of it I remember tomorrow! The Principal at Bush, Ms. T sent out a nice newsletter welcoming me to Bush and I even got a phone call tonight from someone who used to be at Sprague and is now there and she is so excited I'm coming. So nice to hear. So most of my four hours was in training with a bit of laminating thrown in for fun. I did get my mom all transferred today, a big relief for her and me to get out of her double room at the rehab place and get into a nice quiet apartment all to herself, and I got to tell you, it's pretty darn nice, my son even said, 'hey, I'd like to live here!'  I'm off to Bush, arrival at 8:15 in the morning. I wonder what traffic will be like?

No comments: