The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

156 Books and 3 Side Hugs

That's how many books I checked in today and I got three side hugs during my cafeteria duty from students! What a great day of work and kids. A nice surprise. Came in and turned on computer screens and got the search computers up and made sure they were just on the Bush collection and not for 'all' libraries in the system. Then to LLI. Only two days left for my students and I'll work with a new group on Tuesday. Hopped right back into the library to my four classes in a row. Really enjoyed my author talk for the older kids and reading Wringer by Jerry Spinelli. Then a great bit of fun reading Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed. When we got done, I showed them a picture of a real naked mole rat! Ewww! Then my lunch, then cafeteria duty and the kids off for the day. I had to go out and judge the reading 'Go for the Gold' bulletin boards. Worked on my self evaluation. Got books put away, but still have lots in the back. With my letting the kids check out extra books this month, that means more to put away. Closed up the shades, turned off the computers. 

No comments: