The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

O'Keefe

Came in and turned on computers, then I got involved in some book buying and look at the time! Off to LLI! My group is moving on after this week, so our leader told me to also give them a chapter book to read this week and they were very excited about that! Then some shelving then up to Mrs. M's room for art. Our volunteer art teacher had the kids doing a flower and was showing Georgia O'Keefe flowers. A few of the kids had some amazing flowers! Then I took the kids all out of the room, and down the hall to take their picture with a favorite book. That was fun! Then my lunch, and then off to cafeteria duty. Back to the library. I thought I'd have a few helpers this time, but no one showed up. Had a ton of books in my return slot and on my desk. Sent an email to Mrs. H and asked for the number for contact paper. I really want to cover the paperbacks before I put them out. Back up to Mrs. M's room for some reading and then math. I do so well when I'm just one on one! Back down to the library after school and I printed books out for each class. Checked the kids that said they didn't have bookmarks and had to make four new ones. Had to send a kid to the office today for hitting another student and he was sent home. So I had to write up a report on what happened.

No comments: