The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

3 Snow Days

We've been off since last Thursday because of our snow storm, but finally got the call to head back to work last night. Got to work and Mrs. M said that since she was doing a special training, I could be in the library all day!!! Oh joy! Oh joy! Oh joyous joy! I did do a lesson for her class, but the rest of the day was spent putting away books - everything is shelved, everything! Got in my new JLG books and sent them to be processed. Sent some books back to their homes. Worked with my student aide who helped me get books ready to shelve. Did my big gold medallion for my bulletin board and put the 'READ' on it, I think it looks good! Started to work on my February authors since I'll be doing them next week. Got a box of books in for previewing, but will do that tomorrow afternoon. I was in heaven. I also got to take a picture of Mrs. M with The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane for her READ poster. That really is her favorite book! I got sad news today from Sprague. One of the students I really loved to see come into the library there passed away last weekend. I cried when I realized who it was. Amazing how much a student can impact you. He was a great kid and will be missed.

No comments: