The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Switched

Had a teacher in the library lab this morning, and she had two computers that didn't work. I got one fixed, but the other needs to be connected to the computer port, but none of the feeds over there work. The ones that do work are already in use. So, I crawled around on the floor, unscrewing the switch plates, checking out the connectors, none of which worked, putting tape over them and X's to show I checked them out. Then I wrote a note to the techs about everything I did. So I hope they decide to show up now and get that one hooked up. Did some Boxlight contacting for a teacher. Checked out books today. Fielded questions from the office. Sent out books. Got books in. Had a student work and pay off his fine today Huzzah!! I just need to remember to write down the books so I can replace the ones that need replacing. But up a Halloweenish display of books, I had printed up "SBOOKY". I thought is was cute! Contacted STAR, another reading program to see why we don't have it anymore for another teacher. Got in a bulb for a projector and put it in and it seems to work just fine! Yeah! Just seemed to be a day of trying to keep the troops pacified and getting things done to make our teacher's lives better. Not a bad way to spend a day.

No comments: