The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Drop Everything And Read

D.E.A.R. day to celebrate Dr. Seuss! I had a lot of teachers that read in their rooms today and in the library, every period I had everyone in there just Drop Everything And Read. It was a lot of fun! One boy even asked if we could do it again tomorrow! I had Dr. Seuss books all out on the tables so they were encouraged to pick one up to read. We had a great selection! Had four classes come in today and check out new math books. Had one of my aides (who did our lovely Lorax for my poster) let me know it was her last day and her family was moving to Portland. So sad! She is definitely one of my favorites! Did more withdraws today, set up the table with books we had withdrawn so students could help themselves to them. Got two more Kudos from the staff meeting this afternoon. A lovely day all around!

No comments: