The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Nutella Cookie Wins!

Today was our huge big assembly. One of our marketing kids contacted the local paper and said that they used Otis Spunkmeyer dough for the student store, but they were experimenting with making their own flavors. So Otis contacted the school and said they would come and do a taste contest and make a production run of the flavor they selected and they chose Nutella cookies! Who came up with that idea? Why, one of my aides! I was so proud of him! He's usually very quiet, does his jobs, sits and reads, so I was shocked when he was announced and served the CEO of Otis and the other judges his cookie! Then another of my aides had won an award for an essay and they presented him with his award and $250! See?? Reading leads to great things! My favorite part of the day though was after the assembly. "You've just won the Otis Spunkmeyer cookie flavor award! What're you gonna do to next??" He came into the library and checked out a Diary of a Wimpy Kid book! Then back to the gym for some more press time! I have the best job in the world! Yes, we worked too! Covered books when I wasn't busy with the kids. Love my job and tomorrow I get cookies!!

No comments: