The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, May 4, 2015

May the Fourth be With You and Checked Out by You!

I think a nice blue would look awesome for my lightsaber if I had one! Today of course, is Star Wars Day (May the 4th!) So I came in, got computers up and then looked up the keyword "Star Wars" on my computer and couldn't believe all the books I had under that! I had so many books up there! Shakespeare to Science Fair, Legos to Young Jedi Knights and Origami Yoda! It was much fun! I had to make a sign of course (!) so the printer is up by our bookkeeper and I went up with my invoice from Friday (at 5 cents over budget) and kneeled before her and said something to the tune of "Oh bookkeeper, I have sinned..." She cracked up and said to not worry about it. The rest of the day was mostly spent on putting strips in books and check out labels and putting them out on our book display! It looked so awesome! I was so happy to be able to spend the day doing that! Attended the staff meeting this afternoon, mostly about the insurance verification going on. Talked with our SKEF employee about the books I had on display for the garden outside, he liked that I had done that! Then off to Escape Fiction to pick up the books he ordered for me on Friday, they are in!! My garden book display below - I had to shut the windows to see!


No comments: