The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Asking for It

Today I had a teacher come in to start their practice testing session and was so frustrated. He asked me questions and I didn't really know any of the answers. I knew about the portal, but after that, I was in a fog. It's not part of my experience or expertise. I tried to help, but I don't think I did much good. Luckily Mr. C and Ms. V helped out and he got it done. That's why it's practice! I had three classes of students in to check in and out books today. We did a lot of checking in and out today. We also got in a ton of other students because it's the three day weekend. I worked on doing some new labels. On the spine of the books the series title (like Sea of Trolls = SoT 1) to help kids realize a series. The Warriors books really need it! Got all our books put away today. Cleaned off the back workroom table. Did some laminating. After school we have our LEAP club. I usually don't have much to do with them, but today I helped out several students in the computer lab. One I helped with her citations, another I just helped with formatting. I did help a lot of students send off their projects on email to their teachers. It was a 'ask Mrs. W' day. Half day tomorrow!

No comments: