The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Bathroom Girls

Seems I have been finding groups of girls in the bathroom lately, doing other things than what a bathroom is for. Today I was asked to go in and check on some girls by our male counselor and some of the male people who were concerned about one of our new students. One was in the last stall peeking her head over when I walked in. I told them that there were people outside who were waiting on them to come out and one girl said she had a bathroom pass. I asked for names, and they gave me three of them, but there were four sets of feet in four stalls. So I told them I counted four. When I came out, the men said they had all been in there about 15 minutes and when one of the other teachers came in (in response to the call) there were only two sets of feet, and no had left. Interesting!  That was just part of the day. Went up at the end of first period to get the Chrome cart for Ms. K and Mr. F had forgotten to put in the Chromebooks again! So he recruited some boys and we grabbed the Chromebooks from the desks and I got the cart down in the library for Ms. K. Then I took it back up when 2nd period was over. Had a presentation to do for Mr. H on looking up books on the search engine using lexile and interests. That was fun and the students really seemed to enjoy it and come away with books they were interested in. I set up the DVD and document camera today for the health class to use and found the remote for the DVD player. Let them know that all was ready. Helped more students today find their biographies and worked on an order in Titlewave to maybe get purchased over the summer so we’ll come back to new books! Got in 19 of the 30 or so Lightning Thief books I sent out a call for. Great response! Love my job!

No comments: