The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Nevertheless


Love my new display! I had my aides help cut out the ‘boulders’ for the hill and then another to cut out the women climbing up. I love it! Helped students today. Helped a teacher find biographies and some other non-fiction texts that she’ll use for reading groups. Talked to another teacher about a class read and what we might be able to find for that. Put away books. Helped a student aide get his books put away. I’m mentoring him. He tends to just do nothing. And I go and help him find where things go. Sent out emails to all our 8th graders with what books they have overdue and what they owe. Sad fact that when they leave, all fines are forgiven. Everyone, no matter how much. Hopefully all of us in the Middle Schools will be able to get some back. One of us is emailing them every day!! Ha! I might do the same! Helped some teachers with Chromebook carts this morning and went over how that should work. I have four of them out right now and only one in the old computer lab. Had a teacher ask me to go over the online resources for her class in the future for a project they need to do. Thought I’d get my new books out, but no! Too many other things cropped up today. I was looking for new bibles and came across a Minecraft NIV bible! Ha! Then got into a discussion with our PA on religious books, what is acceptable (resource, nothing proselytizing) and what to look for. Sent boys out of the library during lunches today. I just shake my head. Why? Why do they just act like stinkers? Lie? Snicker at my attempts to talk or just ignore me. Why? All in all, another good day and lots to do and keep my mind active! Love my job!

No comments: