The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

The Breeze

That’s the name of my hubby’s radio show he does every Wednesday morning from 9 - 11am and when I can, I try to listen! Like today, I ran off all the overdue/lost notices for both library books and textbooks. I had my aides sort them and give me all the ones that had no homeroom on them so I could look them up, so that’s what I did while listening to him. Listening to contemporary jazz while slogging through a stack of papers and combing through our Destiny program and Synergy was not a bad call! Took my miniature pallets (I keep thinking they are like miniature horses, but pallets instead) put them down and loaded them up for Garten to come. I contacted them and they called back right away. Making sure they were books. Then a driver called and he will pick them up on Friday morning. Got all the notices done, now I’m going through them again to check which period they are in so the teacher won’t have such a pile to go through. And some students had actually changed teachers, so good to catch that. I am disappointed that more students are not around for Battle of the Books. I only have two since one was taken out of school yesterday. One is super upset and I could tell very disappointed when I was talking to her today. She still wants to try and make it work with just two. Packed up 15 Red Kayak books to send off. Got some Chrome carts checked out. I was going to get all my empty boxes sorted through since I had all my boxes for Garten out of the back rooms, but didn’t make it. Maybe tomorrow!

No comments: