The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, April 30, 2018

Lost Monday


Talked to our teacher today about her unit on mythology. She has her class start with The Lightning Thief. We have one class set, and I’ve gathered in books from the district for another set, but some haven’t come yet. So I sent her a list of all her students I do have copies for and emailed the others that I’d really like to get those in! That took a bit of time today! Then I worked on a new display, or rather a “Can’t find that book you want?” display where I put up lists on how many copies I’ve bought of some books and how many are lost. I put the info for Diary of a Wimpy Kid books in for announcements today and they totally did not do those stats. I’ve bought 66 of those books and 46 are lost. Just said that lost books were due. Really??? I’m sure there were all sorts of reasons they didn’t, but still made me angry. I don’t think the students realize the impact it has on others when they don’t turn in books. :(   Had PE classes in today using the old computer lab for a health unit on body changes. Mr. S did a great job I thought. Book talks tomorrow!

No comments: