The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Counting Parts

Finished up listening to two more books on DAB (Digital Audio Book) today, so I only have one more to go. Lawn Boy had some issues, but it did play. As much as I loved reading Fairest, I think if I had to listen to one more song sung, I’d have tossed it in the trash! The singing was fine, the voices were fine, but the tunes were, ah, a lot of them, and ah, a bit dreaded whenever I was in my office and had to actually listen to one. I am very glad that I won’t have to listen again. Packed up the books I got from the Scholastic Book Fair, stamped them all, wrote them all up for the count, sent them in. Sent off three other requested books. Did some laminating. Thought it was time to get out the maker kits we got in the special workshop last year and see what I had and what I needed to have Maker Mondays. Yes, I am missing some things. Drats. Will have to try and find some jumper cables (no! Not the car kind!). I only had 5 of the 10cm M/M and none of the 20cm M/M. I was all set to put in an announcement tomorrow, but that won’t happen now until I find out where I can get some. Radio Shack, Amazon, some company in China. I’ll have to research. Worked on my women’s month book display and need to get in my signs for my “Help” display. Scholastic came in today and picked up all the carts and I was glad to see them go. A student was in and when I asked him if he wanted to help push the carts out he said sure. He got two of the six all the way down the hall, the Gold Hall and out to the truck. I really appreciated it!

No comments: