The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, April 23, 2018

Slacker

My goodness! I didn’t post last Wednesday or last Friday! How did that happen?? Just too busy I guess, or too tired! But since I am a grownup, I will let them go! Today was an easy day. Sent out 5 books to other schools, did some repairs. Made some decisions on what to keep and what to toss in the repair pile. Like Fablehaven. I had a book with some problems, so I looked in the catalogue to see that I had 10 copies! And 5 of them were PermaBound! That one got discarded and I put out two of the PermaBounds on the shelf. They had been safe in the back room! Nearly pristine! I did that with a few others as well. Decided to add some books that are in bad shape to my new PermaBound order, nice to know I’ll never have to repair them again! Had two classes come in today to get new math books. Had a book come back on Shaquille O’Neal and it was just about toasted. So I tried to find basketball player books and finally ended up on Amazon! They had some! Some of the books still for sale were so old! 2003! 2009! And he played until I think it said 2011! Hall of Fame in 2017! So I will look into those more.

No comments: