The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, April 16, 2018

Researching Viewpoints

Today I walked Ms. K’s class through all of our databases so they could begin a research project. It was a lot of fun. I researched Jazz Music since it is Jazz Music Appreciation Month. A really nice fit to show them where to look. I did two book talks for Ms. K as well, then we had her Lightning Thief second class (ha, that was kind of funny, lightning thief second class!) No, we have a class set for one class, but needed to bring in other books from other schools for this class so I had them all come in and signed them up through Destiny for holds on that book from other schools. I’m hoping it works well. We had the library shut down for lunches today because a special speaker was supposed to come and they didn’t. But our students still met with our counselor and he talked about the summit for them coming up. It was a great busy day and I got in one of my book orders!!! From PermaBound! I was so excited! I got a couple ready for my last book talk of the day and one of them got checked out. Tomorrow I’ll get the rest ready to go out on the shelves. A lot of them are replacement copies for very worn and ancient books. Like Lightning Thief, Sea of Monsters and Titan’s Curse. A couple of Unfortunate Events books as well. Some graphic novels and I was so excited to get in March book 1 by John (I think!!) Lewis. I had book 2 & 3 but #1 was always on back order, so very excited to finally get that one in! Happy day tomorrow! I also forgot my work keys this morning, so luckily my hubby was still home and brought them by <3. That was sweet.

No comments: